Student Health and Well-Being continues to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic, albeit in adjusted formats to accommodate current public health guidelines and to serve a community that is more geographically dispersed than we usually are.
Offices have launched more robust telemedicine offerings, but this specific modality of treatment depends on a variety of factors including where the patient is located, if they have signed consent forms, and what treatment is appropriate. Care providers can only provide video telemedicine services in states that where they are licensed, or states that have relaxed restrictions based on the pandemic. For students in states where we currently can not provide video services, the Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC), the Counseling Center, and Johns Hopkins Student Assistance Program (JHSAP) can speak with you over the phone.
For those experiencing COVID symptoms
If you are currently experiencing COVID symptoms, please visit this page to learn how best to proceed based on your university affiliation.
For comprehensive Johns Hopkins COVID news
While this page focuses on connecting current students with health care resources, the university has created a wide-ranging central landing page for all COVID-related information relevant to the Johns Hopkins community, including updates on university operations and medical research.
FAQs on Health Care Access and Insurance
The Office of Student Health and Well-Being has created two sets of Frequently Asked Questions for people who are on the university insurance plans and/or those who have access to the SHWC and University Health Services (UHS).
Questions related to SHWC and JHSAP and people on the WellFleet Student Insurance Plan are located here.
Questions related to UHS (which serves SOM, SON, and BSPH) and people on the EHP Student Insurance Plan are located here.
Please refer to these pages when you have questions about services (telehealth options, prescription refills, referrals, etc.) and insurance (finding in-network providers near you, filing reimbursement claims, post-graduation continuation of coverage options, etc.).
Johns Hopkins Resources
- Free access to the SilverCloud platform, for all full-time students and learners over the age of 18. SilverCloud is a self-directed online learning module that teaches cognitive behavioral therapy skills, which can help to relieve mild-to-moderate anxiety and depression.
- Free premium access to the Calm meditation app for all Hopkins affiliates. Please use this link to register for free premium access.
- Free virtual workshops on mindful living, stress management, and wellness
- Homewood Counseling Center (410-516-8278) (KSAS, WSE, Peabody)
- Homewood Student Health and Wellness Center (KSAS, WSE, Peabody)
- Johns Hopkins Student Assistant Program (JHSAP) (866-764-2317) (SOM, SON, BSPH, SOE, CBS, SAIS, AAP, EFP)
- Mindful yoga videos, both 15 minutes (beginner-friendly) and 40 minutes (adaptable for beginners and advanced yoga students)
- Sexual Assault Helpline (410-516-7887)
- Streaming fitness classes from both the O’Connor Recreation Center at Homewood and the Cooley Center at East Baltimore. For the O’Connor Rec Center, the most up-to-date version of the class offerings is available on the JH Rec app. Directions for downloading it are here.
- Peabody Institute ArtReach, a curated collection of resources to help performing artists and arts-lovers weather the COVID-19 pandemic
- Student Disability Services
- Thrice-daily meditation sessions with Dr. Neda Gould, a SOM professor and director of the school’s Mindfulness Program
- University Health Services (UHS) Mental Health (410-955-1892) (SOM, SON, BSPH)
- University Health Services (UHS) Primary Care (410-955-3250) (SOM, SON, BSPH)
- Videos for easy, no-sew DIY face coverings made out of bandanas and t-shirts
Music, Arts, and Fun
Baltimore Choral Arts Society digital concert mini-series
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra videos, podcasts, and live-streamed concerts
CNN list of concerts, plays, museums, and more
Google Earth Cam
Hop at Home free printable children’s activity kit
LiveArts Maryland QuaranTiny Concerts
Peabody Institute Friday Night Streaming Concerts
National Aquarium live cam
NPR calendar of live virtual concerts
Smithsonian Zoo live cams
Virtual national parks tours
Virtual School activities